
Can you not believe it? We got a PET!
Friday evening we had just returned from going to the Bonefish Grill with our dear friends the Matheson's, when I see something scurry across the laundry room counter! I immediately screamed for Les to get in there. And my suspicions were correct it was the ugliest critter I have ever seen!!! It was a scorpion!!!! They are so ugly! And they bite and sting!! We have not had them in our area the five years that we have been here. But not too long ago, two neighbors on the next street over had seen them in their homes!! So it did not take them too long to travel around the block! I am so sad!! I haven't slept for 2 nights, just thinking they could climb up on top of me while I was sleeping and bite me and I wouldn't even see them. No more wandering around in the house in the dark! My life of calmness in our home is shattered. We already have someone spray for bugs. He has told me for years, spraying for spiders and bugs cannot touch scorpions!!! I HATE SCORPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
6 comments:
Oh yuck, I am sorry! Dave's mom in Las Vegas has someone spray for them and it seems to work. I wouldn't walk around barefoot either! Of course I am not walking around my yard barfeoot anymore since I have found several garden snakes this summer as I have been working in the yard or harvesting the garden. Kerry says they are good for the yard, but I certainly hate them they give me the creeps! Good luck getting rid of them.
AWFUL! What is going to happen now when you wake up at 4AM to clean and sew? This is not good for your insomniac schedule mom ;) I'll still come visit though. Don't worry. I'm not afraid.
If you talk to someone that does pest control they should be able to treat for them. My mom is correct that Ann has had numerous little visitors but it has been a very long time since they were in the house. Now they just find them outside. I will ask her what her pest control regimine is for you. There was also some little gadget that she got for her outlets that sends off a little signal that we can't hear that helps keep them away and doubles as a nightlight or something. I will look into that too! I would keep flip-flops by the bed for a while though!
This post is a little different then my first memory of scorpians in Arizona . . . I have only lived in this state for three years and I had never seen one previously. I waited for nearly a year before I finally did! I was out working framing a garage one morning when we found one, sadly very nearly dead thanks to some of that bug spray. Just remember that your dreams of a bug free house may crush those of others . . .
Ha ha. By the way I miss you guys. Maybe we can set up dinner again sometime.
Brad, How are You?? Did you have a good summer? And we miss all of you guys. Stay in touch!! Like who is your latest love ? Keep us updated!!!
YUCK!!! I don't think I would be able to sleep either! Hopefully the spraying works!
Post a Comment