Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Delicious Orange Cookies

A friend, Cheri Toolson brought the most amazing cookies to Poppy's for us to delight in having one. This is not your fat free, low sugar cookie. But I instantly fell in love with this cookie. She e-mailed me the recipe by my request, and I have been just dying to have a good excuse to make them. So tomorrow we are having our first Higley Groves Quilt Group Meeting. (Some of the girls in our ward said, "This is the reason you came back to our ward, to teach us how to make quilts!" So I am hosting this tomorrow and was well into making the cookies for a little fun lunch. All of a sudden I realize, that the bandaid I was wearing at my last recollection at the temple, was missing. I had taken out the recycle last night, and sliced my finger on the lid of a can. All of the cookies are baked. I am in the middle of frosting them when I get the sickest feeling. My bandaid is gone and no where to be found!!!!! Great!! What a waste of a mighty good recipe. What would you do??? Well, I don't know if I should tell the end of the story or just let it be known!!They are delicious!!!(Actually upon clean up time --- Thank goodness I found the missing bandaid under a hot pad!) Saved by the missing bandaid!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

ha ha ha...mom that is awesome. I would have been scared of feeding someone a bandaid as well! You should post that recipe!!

Nichole Barney said...

Those cookies are awesome thanks for sharing them with us!

Heidi said...

Hope your quilt group will be wonderful--like you! They are so lucky to have you. Bring the cookie recipe to OUR group!

Lauri said...

Great story Elaine I would have been a little paniky myself, probably would have started another batch before clean up and then found the band aid. Would you share the recipe? I'm alwaya looking for new, good recipes.

The Smith Clan said...

Lauri, Yes I will send it in an e-mail or put in on the blog.. Thanks for the comments!