Friday, September 12, 2008
September 10th, Happy Birthday Seth
Wednesday, September 10th was a crazy day! I leave for the temple at 5:20. Go to work at Poppy's immediately after the temple until 5:oop.m. After working for an hour or so at Poppy's I get the sweetest call from our son Tyler saying," Mom I have been thinking of you all day!" I couldn't imagine why he had been thinking of me. Normally I would never have forgotten. I had actutally thought of it earlier in the week wondering how old he would have been. Seth would have been 31 years old. I say would have, because I'm not sure how they keep track of age in heaven. That is so hard to imagine!! It has been 14 years this next week since that very sad day in our lives! I have people ask me all the time, "How did you do that? I couldn't have done that!" We miss his cute smile! His curly hair! His fun personality! I can still hear his voice as he would walk in the door. Always, the first words out of his mouth: Mom, hey mom! What's up!!! We miss him terribly! But we have been blessed with a peace that is hard to explain!! And look forward to being united with him again!!! The Lord has blessed with peace in a trial that was impossible to face! We would never have been able to walk that path alone. Everyone we ever knew or was acquainted with reached out to us to help us, family, friends and loved ones!! We will be eternally grateful! But yes, even after 14 years, I'm shedding tears and still miss that boy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I have been thinking of Seth all week. It is hard to believe it has been that long. I do always wonder what he is doing up there. I always think about how he has met each one on my kids before they came to earth and hopefully gave them some advice for things to they will be facing here. Isn't it crazy how trial makes us stronger!
It is so crazy to me that it has been fourteen years since Seth passed away. The first presidency message in the Ensign from last month said something to the effect of, how noble are children are just to be sent to our specific families. I have been thinking a lot about that and agree with what Nichole was saying that the spirits who have passed on have a great part in that. I think we all still miss him dearly here on earth, but it is awesome to think of what he is doing up in heaven too.
P.S- Those orange cookies sound delicious, I will have to get the recipe!
Elaine...I'm so sorry! That is a tough thing to get through. I admire you for your strength. I will say it......I don't know how you get through a thing like that. I hope I never have to. You are a great lady!
As I wrote a check on that day I thought about him. Actually I thought about him as we were driving into Gooseberry to go fishing I thought about him. I have a grad time believing it has been that long and then I have to look at the kids (yours and mine) and where they are at and it seems possible. Thank goodness for the understanding that the gospel gives us. I thought a lot about you guys that day as well.
I'm not sure how hard became grad but I meant hard time
Post a Comment