Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Orange Cookie Recipe

I have had so many requests for this recipe, so here it is:

Orange Cookies

2 cups white sugar
1 cup butter
2 eggs
1 cup sour cream
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 tablespoons grated orange zest

Frosting:
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
4 tablespoons frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cube butter, soften
3 cups powdered sugar

1. Cream sugar and butter, add eggs. Mix well. Add sour cream and vanilla
2. Mix flour, baking powder, baking sodaand salt together. Add little by little to creamed mixture. Mix well. Add orange juice and orange zest.
3. Drop by teaspoon on cookie sheet, spacing about 2" apart.
4. Bake @ 375 for 6- 10 minutes. Depends on how big your cookies are. Best if slightly undercooked.
5. Frost cookies when cooled. Optional to sprinkle with walnuts.

2 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

Yum! Those cookies sound so good. I love all the new pictures! We can't wait to see you TOMORROW! Yahoo!

Lauri said...

Thanks I've been waitng to see this!! They sound yummy. Wish I was there to go to ounch like we talked about earlier. Have a good time with the family and tell them all hi for me.