Thursday, December 2, 2010

ASPEN GROVE -UTAH VALLEY QUILT RETREAT!

The first week in November is a "Quilter's Dream" reality: 4 full days of fun, jam packed with 67 other ladies who love quilt making as much as I do. This picture is the picture of the lodge and all the ladies with sewing stations set up. Seriously! Just looking at it, you have to know this is a party just waiting to happen! Staying up until 2:00 in the morning! Laughing! Getting more sewing info and ideas than you can possibly internalize in such a short time! It's a total Blast! My sewing machine is to the right, and Patsy Peterson is stopping to smile for me!
Last year, I was actually asked to be on the retreat board, as the make-it and take-it board member. So they asked me to teach them the Arizona headbands, that have been so popular. They had so much fun making these. The creativity just never stopped! They were adorable!
It was so fun to see them all wearing them! After breakfast one day I asked them to stop for a photo shot! Aren't they adorable!!! We had fun with this!

We are actually having an applique demo here. But I just thought it was so fun to see them all still wearing their headbands! So individual! So cute! Just like a quilter!


The next day our make-it-and-take-it was a chicken pin cushion! They turned out very cute! I did not get a picture of all of them! We ran out of time on that! It was getting late this night, and we were getting a little tired! All of a sudden these chickens became bust improvements! Or we could say "real stuffing"! This was Patsy and Ann Alexander that came up with that!

2 comments:

Muncher Cruncher said...

Mom, you're amazing...sheesh...love you! xoxoxo

Nichole Barney said...

I don't think I have ever seen so many sewing machines in one place! Looks like a party! Glad you were able to go!