Gardening in Arizona has been difficult to say the least. We have the seasonal flower gardening down. But actually getting vegetables to grow, has been another story. Well, last year Les put in a nice grow box with good watering and soil. We started too late in the season and were not that successful. So this year we planted in February. 
I can honestly say this year has been so fun! Our Barney grandchildren have been excited about picking, washing, and eating our results! I just wanted to show the fruits of our labors before it turns 100 and everything frys. We have had radishes, lettuce, carrotts, beets, and our first ever zucchini and yellow squash!

I can honestly say this year has been so fun! Our Barney grandchildren have been excited about picking, washing, and eating our results! I just wanted to show the fruits of our labors before it turns 100 and everything frys. We have had radishes, lettuce, carrotts, beets, and our first ever zucchini and yellow squash!


3 comments:
Wow looks like a great garden! Makes me anxious to get our going! There is nothing like a fresh homegrown tomato, my mouth is watering just looking at the pictures. It seems Dad left a little gardening bug in us Smith kids anyway. When will you be in Utah next? We should try to go to lunchor something!
Lauri, I will be coming up later this week. I would love to go to lunch. Will you be in town? Let's get together. This is my first time coming to Utah since Christmas. I will miss all the Fitch's!!! They have always been there when I visit.
Elaine--a woman of many talents! I agree with you about fresh produce! I love picking that tomato right off the vine and eating it. Have fun in Utah!
Post a Comment