Tuesday, May 18, 2010

CONGRESS BRIDGE IN DOWNTOWN AUSTIN

One of the funnest things we did, was travel to downtown Austin at dusk, and wait to see the bats come out at night. Around 750,000 bats travel from Mexico and live under this bridge from spring until August. They come out at night to feed. I expected it to be so noisey, but it was quiet and then you just look and they are flying out under the bridge. Fascinating! Not creepy at all. They head for the trees by the river. Here's a cute picture of Megan and Savy patiently waiting for the bats.
I must have been talking during this shot. Notice all the curley locks! Humid!
Travis and Lindsey told us about the "Owl Building Controversy", it is in the skyline of downtown Austin.
There is another shot of the skyline a little earlier and lighter. There was such a huge crowd waiting everywhere. I was surprised to see how many people were here for this event on a random Thursday night for the "watching the bats come out party".
Nichole snapping a few shots!

No comments: