Friday, October 30, 2009
HIGLEY GROVES QUILT GROUP!!!!!
Last August, after Les and I finished our call in the ASU 5th Ward bishopbric, these gals came to me and asked if we could start a quilt group. And so we did. We met. They picked a project, this fun snowman quilt, and then the work began. We have met every month pretty religiously, doing one row at at a time. I'm sure they didn't see the end in sight. Well here we are with the completed projects. I am so proud of each one of them!!! Way to go ladies!!!!
This is Chay Roberts and her darling snowmen! So Cute!
This is my finished quilt! Such a fun quilt to make!
Wendy Green's master piece!! Way to go Wendy! So cute!
Kelly Breinholt was the first one done! Adorable!! Way to go Kelly!!! We had planned a retreat up to Kelly's cabin to finish up. That ended up being impossible. So, instead, we had a two day quilt marithon. Robin Hicks and Hollie Lunt were not there for the picture taking. But they also have finished their quilts. Our school teacher, Diane Johnson, is still working on hers. But we told her that is okay. She will get them done eventually!! So now we are in the process of picking a new project. Such a fun group of ladies! We've had a great time making these quilts!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
They must have all had a great teacher, Elaine!! You are so talented and clever! Congratulations on a job well done. Hope to see you soon!
Way to go Elaine. You are a good friend because I know from firsthand experience that that is a labor intensive quilt.
What a fun project...especially to do with such a fun group!
You are the best, most patient teacher ever! I have certainly got the bug now to do more. If I could just find a way to not be so busy all the time! I love that we get to share our talents, you just seem to have a few more than the rest of us! Love ya
Elaine! A new quilt group???? Don't get too attached....we will be jealous! Darling projects! You are the perfect teacher.
Post a Comment