Wednesday, October 28, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG LES!!! Trip to Northern California

HAPPY BIRTHDAY LES!!!We took a little trip to celebrate our birthdays and recent anniversary, to Northern California. We stayed at a very nice Resort called the Cordevalle Rosewood Resort. It was so beautiful and relaxing. This is a picture of Les standing on our back patio, overlooking the golf course. Les said he even saw some deer while out playing golf. It was such a fun trip!
There are so many qualities that I could rave on an on about Les, hardworking,
dedicated, honors his priesthood, great integrity, terrific sense of humor, he makes our life fun, great "Papa", father, he gets things done, unselfish, very smart, kind, thoughtful, and the list could go on and on, but the thing that I love about the man, now that we are empty nesters, is he is my best friend. He totally looks after me, always has my best interest at heart! Always thinks of the little things that would make me happy. We have a great time together, rather we are just home alone or out and about traveling, or just wherever we are. HE IS JUST FUN TO BE AROUND! I wondered what it would be like to retire with him, it will be full of fun times! He is so amazing. I love you honey!!! Happy, Happy Birthday! And may there be many more! A picture of the front of the resort at Cordevalle. It was beautiful!



This was our plush hangout at the Cordavalle . It was such a beautiful , peaceful spot. When we arrived they asked our names and then forevermore remembered them everywhere at the resort. "How are you today Mrs. Smith. Can I get you .....Mrs. Smith??? " They never forgot our names the whole time we were there! We sat in front of this fireplace in the evening! So nice!



You stay in what they call "Bungalows". Very private, and fun!
When Les and I start talking about how old we are, and how long we've been married, the conversation usually ends with something like: "I don't feel like I'm that old, or you're only as old as you think you are!!!" We still think we are very young!!
We had a chance to go down to Monterey one day on our trip. Here is Les posing in the shoes of Tom Hanks at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company Restaurant, with his box of chocolates right next to him. We had a yummy lunch of popcorn shrimp!

2 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

What a fun trip! I love the Forrest Gump picture too! Love you Dad, we hope you had a a great birthday!

Lauri said...

Sounds like you had a good time. It is fun to be friends and spend time together again doens't it? I feel like we are getting to know each other all over again! You guys have always made such a great couple.