Friday, February 22, 2008

The Smith Family hits the slopes!

Dad flew into town for the weekend and took Jason, Tyler, and I skiing/snowboarding up at Solitude Ski Resort. Despite the constant downpour of snow, and cold temps we had SO much fun! It was so great to get to spend the day together! Thanks Dad!!! :)
Lunch Break! Jas had some delicious sandwiches prepared for us for lunch which hit the spot after we worked up our appetites on the slopes.
Me and Daddy-O. Can't you see where i get my good looks?? ;)
Ty and I (or should i say my professional personal snowboarding instructor)
Don't worry, i'm not getting robbed here...Dad is just getting ready to go back into the blizzard. By the way, Dad tore it up! He was worried about his knee giving him trouble, but nobody would have known it. He said he wants to still be skiing when he's 75 and at the rate he's going I have no doubt he'll be there! Very impressive!

The clan at the top of the mountain. What a great day!! I can't believe how talented Dad, Jason, and Ty are on the slopes! They were very patient with me as I continue to learn how to snowboard (and get off the lift without falling! ha ha ha). I am so glad we were able to go. We had SO much fun!
p.s. we missed everyone else...we really need to get the whole crew skiing together!

5 comments:

The Smith Clan said...

Hey Megs, I loved the black and white photo's! Way to go everybody on the slopes! It looked like so much fun! It almost made me want to be right there with you. I'm just glad you had fun! YaHoo!! Mom

Nichole Barney said...

Oh how fun! What a great day! I wish we were there to enjoy all the snow! We gotta get up there with you all to enjoy it!

kiley barney said...

:) Hi Megs!!
I love skiing!! I really want to learn how to snowboardd!! My parents need to figure out when we can hop on up there!! Love ya!!

Trav and Linds said...

Looks fun! I am so glad you guys go the chance to go!

Emilie said...

Hi Smith Family! What a fun blog! I miss you guys so much. You have the greatest family EVER! Lots of love- Em, Todd, and Baby Claire