Wednesday, November 21, 2007

What is your favorite Thanksgiving Memory?

I thought we could all think of one of our favorite memories and post it. I remember when Tyler had just gotten back from his mission and I came with Stephanie and Steve my friends from BYU to Illinois for thanksgiving. It was freezing cold! It was so fun to have Tyler back and be together. Since I was at BYU I really appreciated moms great food and the feeling she brings in the kitchen. It was a fun happy place to be with her since she enjoys cooking so much. It was the first time I remember when we put candy corns around the table for everyone to say 3 things they were grateful for. I loved whoever ended up with the most candy cornes was the person who blessed the food. We also went to Nauvoo and that was really neat. It was so cold and it gave us a glimps of what the pioneers were faced with in the winters. -Nichole-

8 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

Cute background! I remember all of us crammed into the Barney's old house before mom and dad moved down there and we had family pictures taken at the park. I think a bunch of us ended up sick with colds or something, but it was a lot of fun being all together. Anytime we are all together playing games and just hanging out is fun.

The Smith Clan said...

well...this is a hard one, due to the fact that i distinctly remember dressing up like a pilgrim and sitting at my Walnut/indian name tag when i was little...but i would say i loved the last Thanksgiving we had in our old house in Orem. I remember enjoying all being together and playing games, something i love most about our family!! We're always good to have food, games and fun! LOVE YOU ALL! -megs

The Smith Clan said...

ok...and i know i probably can't pick two, but it was a great year when lindsey and I showed how funny we are by dressing up like pilgrims (once again) and showing up to rosemaries...we think we are so funny...ha ha ha..megs

The Smith Clan said...

Okay, Well my favorite thanksgiving was most likely the last one when we were all together. So that would have been the time we moved all the stuff out of our house to move to Arizona. That was our last thanksgiving in our Orem home. But however, my favorite time is anytime we are all together. Just like it was so fun to be all together at Elliott's birthday dinner, but Nichole, Denny and kids were not there. So we missed them. So I guess what I am saying is I enjoyed last Chriatmas, at the Barney"s condo, because everone was there. I am grateful for our family!We love all of you! Happy turkey day! Love Mom

The Smith Clan said...

Ty, I just wanted to say I'll miss you this thanksgiving. I'm making cinnamon apples even though no one but me will eat them!

The Smith Clan said...

It's impossible for me to limit it to one specific Thanksgiving memory. It is probably my favorite holiday mainly because it gives us a reason to gather and it's all about family.I cherish the memories of Thanksgiving at the Wayments where I had my first exposure to "Cyclone Cleone" and her spawn "Hurricane Elaine". Thanksgiving in that household wasn't an event, it was a campaign. We all know that "Grammy" has capitalized on that training and has taken any and all holiday celebrations to a higher plane.
One specific memory that comes to mind is the Thanksgiving we spent at Sturbridge Village near Boston.There is no better place to spend Thanksgiving than where it started,in New England.
The Thanksgiving we spent in our new home in Peoria was also very special. Tyler had just returned home from his mission, Nichole came from BYU and Jason from Boston. It was also a time that Seth was in his prime. How we miss him.
The Thanksgivings we celebrated at our Sunrise home were all special. It was truly a gathering place. It was there that I mastered the Martha Stewart technique for which I am widely known and barely tolerated.
We probably are close to setting the record for the most Thanksgivings celebrated in the most locations as a family but one thing holds true. Home definitely is where the heart is.
We love you. we're proud of you and what you all have acomplished. I am in awe of all of you.Love those grandkids! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
Family, Food and football. What could be better?

Nichole Barney said...

I loved the cyclone cleon and hurricane elaine That is is classic! Megs I forgot how you guys dressed up. It was so cute. It added some excitement at rosemaries when you repeated it later too!

Tyler said...

Tough one. I can't say I have one favorite memory, but for some reason I think of all of us at Denny and Nichole's in AZ. I just remember playing games and staying up late.

For the record---I really missed the candied apples. I need to get the recepie so the legend can live on. TYLER