Wednesday, October 21, 2009

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MEGGIE!!!

Happy 25th Megan!!! How could it possibly be that our baby is celebrating her 25th Birthday today!!! I can remember when she was between the age of 3 or 4, just before we moved to Boston, she had a pink bear with a leotard and a pink tutu on, named Annabear Lova. One day she asked me for a bandaid, and I noticed she had so lovingly put it right over the bear's heart. When I asked her why she had put the bandaid there, she said "Annabear Lova has a broken heart." She has always had a very tender heart. Our neighbors, the Jackson's had a golden Lab that thought he belonged to Megan. He would come and sit on the front porch and just wait for Megan to come outside and pet or feed him. Rain, snow or shine Winston would sit there and wait. The Jackson's would continually apologize with," We are so sorry!" We apologize!" Call him home and he would still just continue to come to get a little special attention from Megan. When we moved to Boston, Megan became friends with a darling little girl just about her age by the name of Jamie, who lived next door to us. One day while playing with Jamie at Jamie's house, they had decided to cut each others hair, like a lot of 4 year old's do. Megan allowed Jamie to cut her hair, but when it came time to return the favor, she just couldn't do it! This mother was hysterical, and needless to say, I just about fainted when I saw her beautiful, thick, shoulder length bob gone on one side. The mother brought me a plant in apology, saying, "Megan's hair will grow back in time, like this plant." It's hard to get mad at someone with a heart like Megan!
There is a scripture in the D. & C. 124: 15 that has always reminded me of Megan. I am going to paraphrase just a little. "Verily I say unto you, blessed is my servant Megan Smith(instead of Hyrum) for I the Lord love her because of the integrity of her heart, and because she loveth that which is right before me." That is Megan! She has not only a tender and loving heart, but has such great integrity!
Megan has been such a fun daughter to raise. Because your theme this year is love Megan, I thought it might be fun to talk about your tender heart! I think anyone who knows Megan, love's her! Way to go Megs! Hope you have a great birthday! We love you!
Congrats on all of your accomplishments! You are amazing!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Megan. I agree with your Mom, you do have a very tender wonderful heart. Love your moms tribute to you. Megan is AWESOME!!!