Monday, January 5, 2009
A VERY SAD DAY!!!
Today was one of those days that I will always remember where I was when I got a call from Nichole saying President T. Dennis Barney had passed away from a heart attack! I was in such shock I could not believe that what she was telling me was really true. Les, being on the High Council in which he presides, as the Arizona State University Stake President, had just been in meetings with him on Sunday Morning. He congratulated him on our new little grandson Colston. He was always thinking of others. He is one of the most Christ-like individuals I have ever met. We are so saddened at his passing. Words cannot express how much he will be missed. I can remember when Nichole came to Arizona with Denny before they were married, and I asked her what she thought? She said, "He has the nicest Dad!" He was truly a "Gentle Giant". He loved everyone he met, and was loved by all. His life will be a legacy to his family, friends and all who new him. He will truly be missed by everyone!!! Gilbert Arizona is definitely saddened today!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I was so sad when Megan told me yesterday. My heart and prayers go out to Denny and the family. I only had the opportunity to meet him twice but he was so nice and such a warm person. It was easy to see where Denny's personality came from after meeting him. Please give our personal love to Nichole, Denny and the kids.
So sad :( What a great man he was! He will NEVER be forgotten!
Elaine- thanks so much for putting our names in the temple! You don't know how much it means to me..I am humbled by so many kind, loving gestures. I too am praying for your family (and of course the Denny's)during this difficult time. Hang in there.
...I SO admire you for all the awesome goals you set for yourself. I hope I'm half as tough as you when I get older!! You're AMAZING to take on such great challenges. Good luck with your marathon!
Post a Comment