Saturday, December 6, 2008

THANKSGIVING

Here is a cute picture of Nichole and Tyler having guacamole and chips, a pre-dinner treat!
Bryson Blake and Bronson made an awesome dominoe train!
Thanksgiving is another one of my favorite holidays. I just love all the recipes we use from year to year. Some handed down for three generations now, the cinnamon apples, the rice dressing are from my Grandmother Marshall. I love just having all of the family together to play games, shop, see movies, eat and anything else exciting to do like the Turkey trott. This year Megan was here as well as Tyler came from Salt Lake and brought his friend Jodi. Jodi and Tyler added some extra dishes for us to try this year. That is always fun! Les always takes over on commandering the cooking of our turkey, which I appreciate. It was wonderful again this year. Thanks Les. One of our traditions before the dinner is over, Kiley was in charge of allocating the candy corns, every one gets at least three candy corns, and we have to tell at least three blessings we are thankful for. That is always very nice. Sometimes there is a heap more that 3 candy corns by your plate. Like a heapful. That is usually the person who has to mention tons of blessings and also says the blessing on the food. She heaped a ton on Les' plate. But we learned who was still in charge. Didn't we Kiley! Here is a picture of the "Old Bird!" Les and Tyler ready to slice him up!

We made, by request of the kids, our apple turkey decorations for the table, and here is Bryson being so creative and even making the pilgrims, hats included!
Here is a picture of half of the group before eating, Tyler is sitting by the traditional famous cinnamon apples.(Of which Tyler and myself are the only ones who generally eat them. I think Jodi tried them also.)
Here is the other half of the table posing for me.

Jodi and Tyler posing for a snapshot of a dish Jodi made for us.

Here is a snapshot of cute Kiley and Megan. Megan stayed with Kiley. They seem more like sisters now than Aunt and neice! Love those two girls!

Here is a cute picture of Denny and Nichole. They are always good sports to spend time with us as well as the Barneys. I appreciate that so much. Denny and Les I also owe a huge thank you! They washed and dried all the dishes. And that is a whole lot of dishes as you all know. Even though I washed dishes all day , even before we ate. There is still a lot of clean up! So thanks Denny and Les!!! We love you ! You are awesome!

We had little pumpkins with a place to write everyone's name on for our place settings. Kiley took charge of that little duty! Thank you Kiley! She has awesome handwriting skills.!


Here is a picture of Bronson making his turkey. When he finished. He asked me if he could just eat the apple? I said of course, so he took out all the gumdrops and ate it even before we got to dinner. Got to love that boy!

Les and Tyler mashing the potatoes!
Playing a little game of canasta! Oh the fun!













3 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

We sure missed out! It looks like you had a blast! We can't wait for you to come up this week!!!!

Lauri said...

Looks like you guys had fun together. I love the cinnamon apples too, though I am the only one you managed to snare from my family.

Anonymous said...

You're family is so cute! Glad I found your blog. It will be easier to keep on you now! YAY!