It was so nice to sit back and relax and watch conference this past week. We enjoyed it so much. Present Dieter Uchtdorf is fast becoming my favorite general authority. He is so handome, so wellspoken, and just a great speaker. I loved his talk Sunday morning on "Faith of Our Fathers". I enjoy hearing about all his experiences as a pilot. His talk reminded me of ouf faithful ancestors. Starting with our parents, and going back a long way. We have been so blessed to have many great examples of faithful fathers and families. I also enjoyed seeing the mantle of a Prophet fall upon President Monson. He is so amazing. His talk was very tender and sweet to hear. He has a special place in our hearts because he married us. Not many can say they have been married by a Prophet. It has truely been a blessing in our lives!
Only One More Week!
Today I ran 11 miles in 2 hours and 12 minutes!!! Only to get back home and look at the chart to see I only needed to run 10! Oh Well! We just hope we can run in the Utah high altitude. Thanks to Megan for inspiring us all to do this. Thanks to Ty, Nichole, Denny,and Megan, Benita for inspiring me!! I have done all of the runs but three by myself. Just mainly because I didn't want to slow anyone down. Just me and my ipod! Thanks Meagan for the great music! Even though I have been by myself, I have not felt alone. I feel like I have a little bird on my shoulder or help from up above saying: "You can do it!! Just pick up your feet! One more mile and then another and another!" I have been blessed with wonderful health! I am very grateful for that! I am very excited for the big run!
Friday, April 11, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Mom I am SOOOO...impressed! You have always been such a great example to me, because you have taught us all to eat healthy and stay in shape. It is something I try to teach my kids as they grow up, so they will enjoy living healthy life too.
My favorite conference talk was Elder Ballard's talk directed towards young mothers. It was such a good reminder to me of my important role as a mother in raising our Heavenly Father's children. It is easy to get caught up in so many other things and he made so many great points. It was such a good talk!
P.S- I changed the background. Do you guys like it????
I am with Linds my favorite talk was Elder Ballard. The talk mom referred to was a close 2nd. It is so inspiring to hear all the talks.
Mom you are awesome! I am so impressed! I am younger and it is a challenge for me! What a great goal and sense of accomplishment! next weekend will be so fun to do it all together.
It is hard for me to name a favorite talk because I thought the entire conference was outstanding. It was a great experience to take part in the solemn assembly. Even though we weren't part of the congregation, we still stood and raised our arms to the square in support of our leaders.
I liked both of Elder Uchtdorf's talks, the one about Faith of Our Fathers and I especially liked his example in the Sat. evening Priesthood meeting where he used the analogy of a pilot being off course just one degree and how that can result in being 500 miles off course and how that compares to our lives when we make one bad decision resulting in major consequences. Les
Linds, I do love the new background. Thank you! It is easier to read. What happened to the music on this blog?
hmmm...I don't know what happened to the music. I will try to work on putting it back on later.
Hi Elaine! I'm so glad you left a comment on my blog... it was great to hear from you! Yes, Linds and I are running together as well as my mom... if she can keep up with us;) JK A few of my family members are particpating as well, Jason is doing the Full marathon! I did it last year and am not ready to do it again just yet:) Eddie will up there running with him towards the end so hopefully we will all get together at some point. Can't wait to see you all, it's been a long time!
Post a Comment