This is a picture of our little front court -yard Les did last summer in over 100 degree heat! It turned out so nice! I love flowers! So we plant them anywhere we have the room!

This is one of our flower gardens at full maturity. These pictures will help me remember I can endure the heat in July,August, and September!

Here are some zucchini plants doing well. These were planted right around the middle of February. They are doing great!

A few weeks ago Nichole gave us the name of someone who was building grow boxes. So we now have a grow box filled with tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, and all kinds of things planted from seed. We were later in getting it planted than we normally would, we'll see how they do.

It was a surprise to me to learn when we moved to Arizona that about 70% of the roses grown were from Arizona. That is because they do so well all year long here. Just a very short period that they do not bloom continuously. They love the warm weather!(I said warm, not scorching!)So we have loved our roses! They are especially beautiful right now!



These little English Daisy flowers are some of my favorites. They are a litttle tempermental, but do well over the winter. These were planted in November and December. They like the cooler weather. When the heat comes, they disapear quickly. 

Here are some of our patio flower pots thriving and doing very well.
We will give a progress report on our "Secret Garden" Project. I know Les is excited to get going on that. He has already purchased the trees. The first thing we have to do is remove all of the rock! What a project! Should we really tell people we bring dirt and Nutra-mulch from Utah?
We will give a progress report on our "Secret Garden" Project. I know Les is excited to get going on that. He has already purchased the trees. The first thing we have to do is remove all of the rock! What a project! Should we really tell people we bring dirt and Nutra-mulch from Utah?
7 comments:
Mom - you guys are amazing. I have NO idea how you do any of the gardening that you do, but you've always made it look SO good! I love it. maybe one day i'll learn....
I have had the itch to get out and start getting my flower beds ready and this makes me even more anxious! But guess what more snow this week, I am really ready for spring. I'm glad you have been abe to figure the seasons out and have your garden!
All your flowers look so awesome and your yard! You guys have that magic touch! Love all the pictures of the flowers and love all the posts of the kids.
Wow Elaine! You need to be taking some serious notes on all this.. oh..I guess that's what this blog is for! Ha! I am going to keep an eye on this post and learn, learn, learn! I love gardens and would love to start one once we get settled. You're an awesome gardener and cook! I'm looking forward to that cinnamon recipe-
...that's cinnamon roll recipe..
:)
Great job with the flowers. Gardening in Az is a trick but you seem to be figuring it out. See you next quilt day.
Way to go Nutri Mulch!!!! The master gardeners continue, everything looks so great. good work you guys!!! I have been out a bit and ready to do some planting and some redoing but we have this white stuff that keeps coming down but we should not be complaining we need the moisture so I will be patient and yep can't plant flowers until after Mother's Day. You guys are terrific!!!
Post a Comment