Monday, July 7, 2008

THE LONG HOT SUMMER!!!!




Well, the long hot summer is in full swing! Because we are leaving to go to Newport Beach this week, Les could not justify taking time off of everything in Arizona to go to "The Freedom Festival" in Provo. So, we were flying solo here this July 4th. Holidays are definitley all about family!! We missed all the celebrating in Provo: the parade, hot air balloons, the bar-b-q, and the fireworks, and most of all our family! Les heard Glen Beck raving about the best Fourth of July Celebration in the USA on his show,( having been involed in the Freedom Festival this year), and Les said he did agree! Provo rocks on the Fourth !! We missed being there!

But needless to say we have not been idle. We have been involved in some small remodeling projects around the homestead. Starting first in the kitchen: new granite, stone backsplash, and appliances. We then started outdoors. Les has redone our entry way, putting some slate on the front entrance walkway, and created a little stone patio, surrounded by stucco walls, and a new solar fountain. It all looks very attractive! Now, we just have to wait for cooler weather to decide what plants and flowers to fill in around the stone patio. I took some pictures, before and after, I'll try and post those later. I'm sure Les has sweated away at least 5 pounds! He has worked so hard out in that heat! But I think it all looks great! Way to go Les!

7 comments:

Trav and Linds said...

We definitely missed you guys up here, you will have to make sure to plan to be here next year. We can't wait for Newport!

Nichole Barney said...

It is hard to all not be there for the 4th. Nothing like celebrating in Utah. We have seen all the remodeling and hard work mom and dad have done on the home and it looks fantastic. They both have creative eyes and have done a great job on it! 5 days til Newport!

Muncher Cruncher said...

I agree with missing you guys in Utah as well! I almost didn't know what to do with myself!!! I can't wait for newport...WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

The Smith Clan said...

Hola!

I have worked so hard I am beginning to think in Spanish.
Just kidding.

Dad

The Smith Clan said...

We are certainly counting the days until Newport. I think the anticipation is all part of the fun!! Can't Wait!!!! 4 days and counting!!

Muncher Cruncher said...

ha ha ha...dad that was pretty dang funny...:)

The Smith Clan said...

Yeah! Califoria here we come!!!!
Can't wait to see everybody!!!